A writer pal asked a group of us to write journals -- but in an unconventional way. Each month, she posts 30 prompts that she calls un-journaling. The prompts consist of questions, situations and the like. Each participant picks any 10 of the listed topics for that month and writes about those 10 topics.
I joined the effort as a way to make sure I write posts for this From the Heart blog! So, I'll aim to post them as I go, putting up one or two each week. We'll see how long I can keep it up!
The 30 topics for April are listed below. I thought you'd like to see the options that were available to us. I give you a little hint of what's to come right now: I started with #3 and my answer is something you'll probably not expect! Look for that post later today!
Here's the list of prompts:
- How easy is it for you to forgive those who have caused you pain?
- Describe a dream you had recently
- What is something you do well?
- Favorite book
- What’s something that makes you really angry?
- What is your favorite memory from childhood?
- How many times have you moved in your life?
- Write about a difficult decision you had to make
- Pick up a random object that has special meaning to you and tell me about it
- Describe your feelings in regards to an issue in today’s society and what should be done to fix it
- Name a time when you broke a rule or law
- Describe a time when you made someone’s day
- Describe yourself physically and emotionally
- I sometimes allow other people to talk me into…
- I deserve to be treated….
- Describe what you think it is like to live with you
- What do you think has been the most significant event that has taken place during your life?
- What can frighten you the most?
- What do you think brings good or bad luck?
- What memory do you want to keep from today?
- What is the last thing you apologized for?
- On a scale from 1-10 how is your health?
- What book are your reading right now? Tell me about it.
- What stresses you?
- Are you holding a grudge?
- Who is the strongest person you know?
- Last thing you wanted but didn’t get
- What was the last new thing you tried?
- What has challenged your morals?
- What is your super power?