Saturday, May 24, 2014

The Un-journaling journal project

A writer pal asked a group of us to write journals -- but in an unconventional way. Each month, she posts 30 prompts that she calls un-journaling. The prompts consist of questions, situations and the like. Each participant picks any 10 of the listed topics for that month and writes about those 10 topics.

I joined the effort as a way to make sure I write posts for this From the Heart blog! So, I'll aim to post them as I go, putting up one or two each week. We'll see how long I can keep it up!

The 30 topics for April are listed below. I thought you'd like to see the options that were available to us. I give you a little hint of what's to come right now: I started with #3 and my answer is something you'll probably not expect! Look for that post later today!

Here's the list of prompts:

Journal prompts for April, 2014 (choose and write on 10 of these):

  1. How easy is it for you to forgive those who have caused you pain?
  2. Describe a dream you had recently
  3. What is something you do well?
  4. Favorite book
  5. What’s something that makes you really angry?
  6. What is your favorite memory from childhood?
  7. How many times have you moved in your life?
  8. Write about a difficult decision you had to make
  9. Pick up a random object that has special meaning to you and tell me about it
  10. Describe your feelings in regards to an issue in today’s society and what should be done to fix it
  11. Name a time when you broke a rule or law
  12. Describe a time when you made someone’s day
  13. Describe yourself physically and emotionally
  14. I sometimes allow other people to talk me into…
  15. I deserve to be treated….
  16. Describe what you think it is like to live with you
  17. What do you think has been the most significant event that has taken place during your life?
  18. What can frighten you the most?
  19. What do you think brings good or bad luck?
  20. What memory do you want to keep from today?
  21. What is the last thing you apologized for?
  22. On a scale from 1-10 how is your health?
  23. What book are your reading right now? Tell me about it.
  24. What stresses you?
  25. Are you holding a grudge?
  26. Who is the strongest person you know?
  27. Last thing you wanted but didn’t get
  28. What was the last new thing you tried?
  29. What has challenged your morals?
  30. What is your super power?

No comments:

Post a Comment