Saturday, May 31, 2014
Friday, May 30, 2014
Wednesday, May 28, 2014
My first encounter with phenomenal woman Sister Maya Angelou was in her books. Later, I met her as a freshman in college. She was a frequent speaker on campus, and I was blessed to have heard her speak and teach on many occasions through the years.
'Still I Rise' is my all-time favorite poem of hers, followed by 'Phenomenal Woman.'
Today, I remember her life and legacy, a lasting gift to writers, poets and creative souls.
R.I.P. Dr. Maya Angelou.
Monday, May 26, 2014
City workers were putting up the flags along Jefferson Avenue in Newport News in honor of those who have died in service of our country. I captured this image and pause today to pay tribute to the thousands who sacrificed their lives for our freedoms.
Saturday, May 24, 2014
- How easy is it for you to forgive those who have caused you pain?
- Describe a dream you had recently
- What is something you do well?
- Favorite book
- What’s something that makes you really angry?
- What is your favorite memory from childhood?
- How many times have you moved in your life?
- Write about a difficult decision you had to make
- Pick up a random object that has special meaning to you and tell me about it
- Describe your feelings in regards to an issue in today’s society and what should be done to fix it
- Name a time when you broke a rule or law
- Describe a time when you made someone’s day
- Describe yourself physically and emotionally
- I sometimes allow other people to talk me into…
- I deserve to be treated….
- Describe what you think it is like to live with you
- What do you think has been the most significant event that has taken place during your life?
- What can frighten you the most?
- What do you think brings good or bad luck?
- What memory do you want to keep from today?
- What is the last thing you apologized for?
- On a scale from 1-10 how is your health?
- What book are your reading right now? Tell me about it.
- What stresses you?
- Are you holding a grudge?
- Who is the strongest person you know?
- Last thing you wanted but didn’t get
- What was the last new thing you tried?
- What has challenged your morals?
- What is your super power?
Thursday, May 15, 2014
Wednesday, May 14, 2014
Click here to read the piece and see the photos.
Monday, May 12, 2014
Wednesday, May 7, 2014
For more of her photos from the event, check out the Facebook page.
|Talking about writing, reading and "Hidden Riches."|
Author Tonya Sharp Hyche, is on the left, and author
Nakia Robinson on the right.
Photos by and courtesy of LaTika Lee.