Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Nature at Play

This deer was way more concerned with its meal than with me on Sunday. I ended up encountering a no through way area at Newport News Park and turned around. When I got back to the same spot, the entire family was there! One of two large ones were with three babies and did not look happy to see me, so I didn't pull out the camera for that image.

I shot these images at Newport News Park on Sunday, April 6 during a bird walk with the Hampton Roads Bird Club.
 
"Who are you looking at?"

In addition to a great horned owl, really cool sightings included a pair of wood ducks. The male of the species is beautiful, lots of color. His mate, who was swimming nearby, has muted colors-- better suited to merging with the habitat so predators can't find them, especially when nesting.

Yep, that's me. Looking through a scope at some of the birds.


 For the complete list of all of the day's participants and what we saw and heard on the three hour, 45 minute bird walk, check out the Hampton Roads Bird Club's site.

No comments:

Post a Comment