Each of the 10 authors made a presentation. They varied from the writing experience, to reader expectations, writing series fiction, mastering non-fiction, and of course, readings!
|Daniel Black, author of "Perfect Peace," and I paused for a photo.|
It was a delight being with so many readers and fellow authors. I was so busy chatting, I forgot to take pictures during the afternoon! If anyone has any of the images taken during the event, please let me know. Here's one of part of the room as the evening was winding down.
Writers traveled from across the country to be there!
- Tonya Sharp Hyche, thriller writer from Texas is the author of "Faded Memories."
- Rae Johnson, author of "Abnormal Lives"
- Nakia Robinson, CEO of Right About It Publications and author of a series featuring Braxton
- Jacqueline Johnson, fantasy writer and author of "Test of Time"
- Aynoit Ashor, an empowerment workshop speaker from Chesterfield, Va.
- Mary Johnson, author of the spiritually based non-fiction book "Distractions Come in Many Forms"
- Ayesha L. Shoulders who writes contemporary women's fiction
- Kimberly T. Matthews, an author advocate who writes urban fiction
- Daniel Black, Clark Atlanta University English professor and author of literary fiction
- And, of course, moi! author of "Hidden Riches" and "The Fireman Finds a Wife."
Thanks again to the Express Yo'Self Book Club for a wonderful event!
UPDATE: For more photos from the event, go to Express Yo'Self Book Club Photos and to Facebook.