Tuesday, December 24, 2013

The stockings were hung by the chimney....


Well, maybe not for the stockings being hung by the chimney with care. But it is Christmas Eve, a most beautiful kind of day. It's filled with both anticipation and wonder. Do you have cookies out for Santa?

I've eaten far more cookies this year than I baked. This photo is actually from last year when I fell into something of a baking frenzy. It was fun. These are Peanut Butter Blossoms, very easy to make. A basic peanut butter cookie recipe (or the pre-made cookie dough from Pillsbury!) and Hershey's Kisses. The chocolate gets put on right when they come out of the oven and before cooling. Yummy.

But Christmas Eve is about more than just getting ready for the frenzy of gift and package opening that will come in the morning. For me, Christmas Eve is a time of reflection.

One of my Christmas Eve traditions is Midnight Mass from St. Peter's Basilica. I've tuned in every year for as long as I can remember. I get both a peace and hope along with the true Christmas spirit by watching each year.

What Christmas Eve traditions do you have?

No comments:

Post a Comment